The Cicero/Jackson Township Board of Zoning Appeals has jurisdiction over such matters as Variance from Development Standards, Variances of Land Use, Special Exceptions, and Administrative Appeals. The BZA meets on the 3rd Thursday of the Month at 7 pm at the Cicero Town Hall Located at 70 N Byron St. Cicero, IN 46034. Some meetings are subject to change due to holidays or other meetings. Please visit the calendar if you have any concerns.
Chairman: David Martin
Vice-Chairman: Scott Bockoski
Secretary: Dennis Schrumpf
Member: Brad Baker
Member: Mike Berry
Summary of Powers and Duties of the Board of Zoning Appeals
The powers and duties of the Board of Zoning Appeals are listed below. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and hear appeals of decisions made under this Ordinance by the Zoning Administrator, Plan Commission Staff, Building Commissioner, Committees or Administrative Boards or other body except the Plan Commission.
- Review, hear and approve or deny all petitions for special exceptions based on the provisions of this ordinance and Indiana State Code.
- Review, hear and approve or deny all petitions for variances from development standards (such as height, bulk or area) of this Ordinance.
- Review, hear and approve or deny all petitions for variances of use regulations in this Ordinance.
- All duties as permitted by Indiana State Code.