The Cicero/Jackson Township Plan Commission meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm at the Red Bridge Park Community Building located at 697 West Jackson St. Cicero, IN 46034. Some meetings are subject to change due to holidays or other meetings. Please visit the calendar if you have any concerns.
President: Dan Strong (Representing the Town Council)
Vice President: Jack Russell (Representing the Town Council)
Secretary: Dennis Schrumpf
Member: Greg Gary
Member: Marc Diller
Member: Glen Schwart (Representing the Township)
Member: Liz Foley-Nelson (Representing the Township)
Member: Steve Zell
Member: Corey Burkardt
Summary of Powers and Duties of the Plan Commission
The powers and duties of the Plan Commission are described below. Duties should be interpreted as activities that are obligations. Powers should be interpreted as activities that are optional to be initiated. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Adopt and maintain a Town Council approved Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Control Ordinance as authorized under Indiana State Law.
- Certify and submit recommendations to the Town Council including new versions of and revisions to the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Control Ordinance, and Official Zoning Map.
- Certify and submit recommendations to the Town Council for adopting a Planned Development District.
- Approve or deny plats or replats of Subdivisions.
- Approve or deny development plans and amendments to development plans.
- Enforce regulations and procedures of the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Control Ordinance to the extent of the local Resolutions, Ordinances, and State of Indiana Law.
- All duties as permitted by Indiana State Code.