The Town of Cicero Community Development projects include (but is not a complete list):
- Grant Administration and support for the following projects
- Community Crossings Matching Grant 2018 is a grant program through the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT). The Town of Cicero received a grant of $538,572.67 for the East Jackson Street road reconstruction project that will include milling and paving of the road, new sidewalks, and curbing. The Town was able to provide additional match to complete the project with new lighting and electricity components and pedestrian friendly crossings to include new bump outs. The estimated investment of the project will be over $1 million dollars.
- Main Street Revitalization Program (MSRP) Façade Improvement Program – project estimated completion date: May/June 2019
- The Town received a Main Street Revitalization Program (MSRP) grant through the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) for $403,000.00 along with a Historic Preservation Grant in the amount of $142,216.00 to complete a Façade Improvement project, including 13 buildings, along West Jackson Street from State Road 19 to Main Street.
- The buildings included in the project are:
- 1 West Jackson Street
- 10 West Jackson Street
- 30 West Jackson Street
- 40 West Jackson Street
- 47 West Jackson Street
- 60 West Jackson Street
- 64 West Jackson Street
- 90 West Jackson Street
- 99 West Jackson Street
- 109 West Jackson Street
- 110 West Jackson Street
- 120 West Jackson Street
- 220 West Jackson Street
- CLEAN Community Program participant – ongoing
- Townwide Branding Plan – estimated project completion date early Spring 2019
- Cicero Pier (Cicero Parks Department project) – project completed September 30, 2017. The Town of Cicero received a grant from the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs for $50,000.00 for the project. Total investment of the project was nearly $125,000.00.
- Accessible Kayak/Canoe Launch at Red Bridge Park (Cicero Parks Department project) – project completed September 2018. The Cicero Parks Department received a CreatINg Places crowdfunding grant from the Indiana Housing and Community and Development Authority (IHCDA). Our goal was to raise $7,500.00 through crowdfunding for the project and we raised over $12,000.00. IHCDA granted the Town $7,500.00. The total investment of the project was over $45,000.00.
- The Town completed a study for the intersection of Jackson Street and Main Street in February of 2018. The purpose of the study was to determine ways to improve pedestrian and vehicular safety in this busy area.
- The Town completed a Trail feasibility study in February 2018 to connect our trail system.
- In 2017, the Town completed a Municipal Building Study to determine the best location for a new Municipal Center.
- Our Town Cicero, the Town of Cicero, and the Cicero Parks Department completed a Downtown Pocket Park Feasibility Study in February 2018. The purpose of the study was to determine the layout to a full pocket park at Short Street and Jackson Street.
- 2016 and 2017 Community Crossing Matching Grants used to complete various milling and paving projects throughout the Town of Cicero. The Town received $365,397.00 in 2016 through the grant program and $447,860.25 in 2017.
Click here for Planning, Zoning, and/or building permits or contact our Cicero/Jackson Township Plan Commission office at 317-984-5845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shae Kmicikewycz, Community Development Coordinator