If you own and operate a golf cart in Cicero, remember that you are allowed to do so under Town Ordinance. The same as your operation of a motor vehicle is governed by state and locals laws, your violation of this Town ordinance can be addressed by ticketing the operator or by revoking the annual permit. These rules are in place to insure the safety of the operator and passengers.
Please be particularly mindful of the following rules:
- The number of occupants in a golf cart shall be limited to the number of persons for whom factory seating is installed and provided on the golf cart.
- No occupant of a golf cart shall sit upon another during operation.
- Operators of any golf cart may not carry child passengers less than four (4) years of age.
- Only persons holding a VALID Indiana driver’s license may operate a golf cart on any public right-of-way.
- Golf carts shall not be operated on any street after 10:00pm.
This is only a partial list of the rules, but some that we find are frequently violated. Please take the time to read and understand the entire ordinance to ensure that you are in compliance so we can have a safe and enjoyable summer.