The Town of Cicero would like to provide updated information on the COVID-19 virus, and what preparations you can do to protect yourself, your family, and our community. The Town is following the recommendations from the CDC, State Health Department and the Hamilton County Health Department. That information is posted below, along with links to stay updated on the latest COVID-19 recommendations.
Back on Track Indiana
Centers for Disease and Control Prevention
Hamilton County Health Department Advisory: COVID-19 Preparedness
Synopsis: The information below is shared by the Hamilton County Health Department.
The Health Department wanted to take a moment to help provide information regarding COVID-19 and to help safeguard you, your office, and your family. Below are a few facts and some additional references to further assist you.
- Hand washing is the most effective method of preventing the spread of diseases, including COVID-19
- Hands should be washed for at least 20 seconds, don’t forget to wash the backs of your hands, between the fingers, and underneath fingernails.
- An alternative is to use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Wash surfaces often and in accordance with the cleaning product’s instructions
- A study by the Journal of Hospital Infection found that other strains of coronavirus have the potential to remain on metal, glass, and plastic surfaces for two hours to nine days. According to the World Health Organization, the virus is unable to survive for long periods of time on packages or letters.
- If you are sick stay home
- You should be fever-free (below 1000) for 24 hours prior to returning to work.
- The Health Department is working with the Board of Commissioners, County Council, and Emergency Management to develop best practices for continuing operations and keeping local and county services available to our constituents.
Below are some links for you to review. If you have any questions please contact the county health department.