For Immediate Release: Contact: Rhonda Gary
November 23, 2020 Phone: 317-984-4900
Town of Cicero Announces Health and Safety Measures Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Cicero, IN.-The Town of Cicero is re-activating health and safety measures to keep town employees and the community safe by restricting public access to all town owned buildings, with exception to Red Bridge Community Building.
“Public health and safety continue to be our top priorities and with the increase in the spread of COVID-19 within the community, we determined it was best to once again restrict public access to many of our town owned buildings and Departments,” said Dan Strong, Cicero Town Council President.
Beginning Monday, November 23rd the Town of Cicero will put the following procedures in place. The Town will continue to monitor community spread and will re-evaluate risk exposure to determine the date to end these procedures.
- The Town of Cicero is restricting public access to all town buildings, with exception to Red Bridge Community Building. Each department will remain open and will be able to address questions and concerns. However, buildings will be closed for public access.
- Payments to the Town of Cicero for utilities or transactions made through the Clerk-Treasurer’s office should be made using the drop payment box located at the Town Municipal Building, located at 331 East Jackson Street. Questions can be sent to the Clerk-Treasurer’s office at 317-984-4900.
- All town parks and shelters will remain open to be used by the public at your discretion.
- The Community Building at Red Bridge Park will remain open to be used for meetings and events with approval by the Cicero Parks Department. To discuss meeting and event plans, please contact the Cicero Parks Department at 317-984-3475.
- The building permit application can be submitted online at: ciceroin.org or you can email C.J. Taylor, Cicero/Jackson Township Plan Commission Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call the Plan Commission office directly.
- All Town provided utilities such as trash, recycling, water, and sewer, as well as maintenance of streets and sidewalks, will continue to be provided. However, the Cicero Street and Utilities Office at 1159 Stringtown Pike; Cicero, IN 46034 will be closed to the public. If you have questions, you may contact the Street and Utilities Department at 317-984-4833.
- The Town of Cicero Police Department and the Town of Cicero Fire Department will continue to operate as usual and will continue to provide for the safety needs of our community. Public Access to these buildings will be restricted.
Town department phone numbers are as follows:
Water Department: 317-984-4833
Sewer Department: 317-984-5696
Street Department: 317-984-4833
Parks and Recreation: 317-984-3475
Building and Zoning: 317-984-5845
Police Department: 317-773-1282
Fire Department: 317-984-4575
The procedures listed are steps that have been taken to reduce the risk of exposure in public spaces. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for all practices we would like the citizens of Cicero to consider.
It is our goal to keep the public informed and to be able to continue town business as usual while keeping the community safe. We plan to update the public as often as possible and encourage the community to support one another during this time. Should you have questions or concerns regarding these temporary procedures, please do not hesitate to call the appropriate department or any of your Town Council members. The list of Council members and contact information can be found on our website.
To stay informed, please visit www.ciceroin.org and look for the heading under “For Immediate Release”. To find out more information about the State’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit: https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/.