Town of Cicero
- The GREY trash bin is for recycling.
- Items are not to be bagged up when placed in the grey bin.
- Recycling is collected every other Wednesday. The remaining days for 2014 are November 19, December 3, 17, and 31.
- Acceptable Items to Recycle
Plastic Bags Cardboard
Newspaper Delivery Bags Boxboard (Cereal, Cake & Cracker Boxes)
Newspaper and Inserts Brown Paper Bags
Magazines and Phone Books Aluminum Cans and Foil
Soft Cover Books All Plastic Bottles Marked 1 through 7
Office and School Papers
Glass Jars and Bottle (Please rinse-labels are ok)
Tin and Steel Cans (Please rinse and put lids in cans)
- Unacceptable Items to Recycle
Light Bulbs Window Glass
Mirrors Wax Paper
Food-Soiled Paper Plastic Flower Pots
Clear Dome Covers from Take-Out Trays
Microwaveable Food Trays
No Wax Paper, Wax Cardboard, or Wax Milk Cartons
- The BLUE trash bin is for trash.
- All items are to be bagged up when placed in the blue bin.
- Trash is picked up every Wednesday.
- All items must fit in the blue bin.
- During the month of November you are allowed to have 10 additional bags per week of leaves. The leaves must be bagged up and sitting on the ground next to your blue bin.
- Branches may be picked up any time during the year as long as they are no longer than 4′ and are inside of the blue bin. They will not be picked up if left on the ground.
- 1 heavy item is allowed per customer per month. You must call in 1 week prior to desired Wednesday pick up in order to have this scheduled. This does not include building materials.
- Twice a year the Town does offer a Large Item Pick Up Day; this differs from the monthly 1 heavy item pick up by allowing you to set out more than 1 item. These dates change yearly.
- No “Hazardous” items will be accepted. (TV’s, Any Appliances with Freon, Paint, Tires, Etc.)
- If you have questions or need to schedule a heavy item pick up please call 317-984-4900.