*New* Week of March 23
Cicero Parks Announces Additional Closures
Cicero, IN.-The Town of Cicero and Cicero Parks Department made an announcement today that while the parks are open during this time, the Cicero Sports Complex (baseball and softball fields), all basketball courts, and all playgrounds in Community Park and Red Bridge Park are closed to the public until May 1st. The trails are still open to walk and the parks are still available to enjoy, residents are asked to follow the guidelines by the CDC to allow 6 feet of separation. These areas will be closed effective immediately through May 1st. The date is subject to change with the COVID-19 emergency. The Town of Cicero activated new health and safety measures last week to keep town employees and the community safe by restricting public access to all town owned buildings and suspending all Town of Cicero Parks Department Programs.
Week of March 16th:
Town of Cicero Announces Health and Safety Measures Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Cicero, IN.-The Town of Cicero is activating new health and safety measures to keep town employees and the community safe by restricting public access to all town owned buildings and suspending all Town of Cicero Parks Department Programs.
“Public health and safety are our top priorities and measures must be taken to help curb the spread of COVID-19 in our community and beyond,” said Dan Strong, Cicero Town Council President.
In accordance with recommendations made by the Governor’s office and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Town of Cicero has put the following procedures in place effective immediately. On April 6th, the town will re-evaluate risk exposure to determine extending these procedures.
- The Town of Cicero is restricting public access to all town buildings. Each department will remain open and will be able to address questions and concerns.
- Payments to the Town of Cicero for utilities or transaction made through the Clerk-Treasurer’s office should be made using the drop payment box located at the Town Municipal Building, located at 331 East Jackson Street. Questions can be sent to the Clerk-Treasurer’s office at 317-984-4900.
- No public meetings will be scheduled before April 6th. Please feel free to contact any council person with any questions regarding town business or concerns.
- All town parks and shelters will remain open to be used by the public at your discretion.
- The building permit application can be submitted online at: ciceroin.org or you can email C.J. Taylor, Cicero/Jackson Township Plan Commission Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call the Plan Commission office directly.
- All Town provided utilities such as trash, recycling, water, and sewer, as well as maintenance of streets and sidewalks, will continue to be provided.
- The Town of Cicero Police Department and the Town of Cicero Fire Department will continue to operate as usual and will continue to provide for the safety needs of our community.
- If you or your organization scheduled a meeting or an event at any town buildings, those will need to be cancelled and rescheduled when the Town Council approves opening these back up to the public.
Town department phone numbers are as follows:
Water Department: 317-984-4833
Sewer Department: 317-984-5696
Street Department: 317-984-4833
Parks and Recreation: 317-984-3475
Building and Zoning: 317-984-5845
Police Department: 317-773-1282
Fire Department: 317-984-4575
The procedures listed are some immediate steps that have been taken to reduce the risk of exposure in public spaces. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for all practices we would like the citizens of Cicero to consider.
It is our goal to keep the public informed and to be able to continue town business as usual while keeping the community safe. We plan to update the public as often as possible and encourage the community to support one another during this time. Should you have questions or concerns regarding these temporary procedures, please do not hesitate to call the appropriate department or any of your Town Council members. The list of Council members and contact information can be found on our website.
To stay informed, please visit www.ciceroin.org and look for the heading under “For Immediate Release”.