The use of golf carts on streets within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Cicero, with the exception of St. Rd. 19, is permitted by ordinance. The ordinance is available on-line and at the police station. Some of the requirements of the ordinance are as follows:
- The cart must be registered with the police department. ($30.00 annual fee or $15.00 temporary registration)
- Liability insurance coverage must be provided by the owner *
- A slow moving vehicle sign must be affixed to the rear of the cart
- All Operators of the cart must have a valid driver’s license.
- No operation after 10pm
- All Golf Carts must have functional headlamps and tail lamps.
* – Insurance companies vary on how these vehicles are covered. Be sure to check with your agent to verify adequate coverage.
For additional information, please click on the below link to the Cicero Golf Cart Ordinance: